15 September 2010

LONG TIME!!!!!

Wow.....I have not updated this thing in AGES!!!!! Let me tell you I do have excuses. Many of them. Such as Demons and Ninjas attacking San Fransansisco. A giant came and was playing with the cars like toys. and clifford the big red dog came to chase off the giant after I called him for help.

So you know......ok most of you dont but when you are in a completely foreign place and you are surrounded by people who speak a foreign language when you here your own language it attracts you in a second. But mostly now. I just ask them to stop speaking English in my mind. My native tongue has become something precious to me. and when I hear people speaking it I like to hear it correctly. And these people all thjink they can speak English but they can´t. Usually you can tell in three or four words if they can speak english well or not. There are many who know the language really well. There are two types of spanish here. Pure dominican or you have the Bronx spanish. Which is Spanish with a heavy new york accent. But I am coming to love these people more and more. Sometimes Its a little hard. But I really enjoy it here.

So this past month we had the President of the Area Elder Viñas of the 70 come to the stake. He gave the stake a giant Botche which is a giant reprimand. Simply this stake is more or less in Apostasy and they need to fix it. But!!! Us Elders are doing our best to bring new and old souls back and into the church. So there souls can be nourished by the pleasing word of God. 

As I was in an Intercambio this transfer We were contacting and we met this guy who turned out to be this crazy catholic. Apparently not to long ago the other Elders had contacted him about a month ago. And the guy got super extremely upset and then started talking to us about how we dont have the right to tell a person his baptism was not correct and all that jazz. Then after that we asked him if we could close with a prayer and he told us no. Went into his house and kept talking to himself. I was like.....wooooow. But thats how life goes.

About 2 weeks ago we went to Nagua. Which is about an ohur away on the bus. To play go play basketball then to go cook a bar b que on the beach. Let me tell you I was once again reminded by my poor basketballness that that sport is not for me. then we went to the "beach" wow....... It was...decntly ok. If that. We all enjoyed it. It was really hot and the sun was brutal and almost all of us Americans were burned.  But we had the best time that we could.

Just recently I finished the Book Of Mormon in Spanish. WOW. I never thought I would read another boook in another language. Wow. I would like to testify to you all that I KNOW without a SINGLE doubt that the Book of Mormon are scriptures from God. That the Prophet Joseph Smith is the prophet that translated that book and restored the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I love serving in the Lords Work. And being an Instrument. I pray to become more powerful a tool in his hands. I love you all. Stay strong and stay awesome. I will continue updating next week.

Con Cariña
Elder Gordon

--
2nd Nephi 31:20


No comments:

Post a Comment