18 May 2011
To Continue onward
Hiya folks!!!!!
Welcome to another session of "called to serve" This week we shall be exploring the past few weeks of Elder Gordon. So to start off My companion and I have both been trying to keep up our fire for mission work. Its been hard. No one ever seems to be home. Besides that Here in the DomRep its been a continuos change from hot to cool from hot to cool. I dont know how many of you watch the news to find the weather but that little island close to Florida that isnt cuba that all the rain clouds pass over that place is the DomRep. It has been raining a rather lot. BUt as you can see fromthe awesome photos.nothing can slow down these missionaries. The reason I chose the photo of me is because you can see Yes. Bag on my feet. Thats because as you can also see the other photos the wonderful holes in my shoes. I actually had double protection bags around my feet inside the shoes and bags around my shoes. The outside protection lasted about 2 minutes. The inside protection about 1 hour. In the end, y feet still got wet.
We have not had an incredible amount of success here in the DomRep. In the area of Los Reyes. Missionary work is just rockin. The other Elders in the district have Baptisms and a few people on dates for baptism so I am excited for them. We have quite a few people whom we are working with as well. Slowly they are all progressing. Which in and of itself is aa miracle. It is slowly getting hotter and hotter here in the DR. It doesnt help that in the evening it rains and in the morning it evporates all the rain water. But yeah. Thats pretty much all I got. I went to send my congratulations to my Uncle Tom Whom on the 13 of August will be married to a Terri Frakes As far as my knowledge goes this is my third new family member that I will get the chance to meet and get to know. I am excited for it. I wish you luck.
Thats all I gots.Love ya tons!!!!!
Elder Gordon
--
"Sometimes God calms the storm. At other times, He calms the sailor. And sometimes He makes us swim."-Kolipoki
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment