One more thing!!!!I forgot to tell ya about the Photos.
The first one is Lina with the Six Elders that came to support the Baptism From Left To right Elders, Smith Reyes and Placencia(My compànion) Then its Lina Diaz Then its Elders Gordon(Me) Elder Gamboa and Elder Soriano
The next Photo is one of Us Elder Placencia and I. In the Sacred Grove
The third. So now we are ready for the baptism
HI Y´all!!!!!!!
Dont forget to head to my blog. I have updated a whole bunch of photos there. I will also send three to you all because I cant send more so three only this time. But go to my blog to find more. I am going to write everything to you guys and you will see the same things on the blog because I am also sending it there!!!!! 2 birds with one stone!!!!!!
So This weekend was pretty awesome. I had the chance to baptize one of the most prepared people in the world. Her name is Lina.She had tons of questions. But she got baptized and I had the chance to baptize her. It was rather awesome. But we couldnt do it at our building because of Carnaval is right in front of my house and the church building.So we went to go check the baptismal Font in "La Primavera building" We did the baptism as far away from Carnaval as we could be. So. Everything went pretty well. We filled (Elder Placencia and Me, Elder Gordon) the baptismal font with water. There was no plug.......Woopee. Welcome to the DR. But There was a plastic bag. Good enough right? Lets sure hope so!!!!!! Well we hoped so...
So we left and headed home got ready. Tried to teach. But we had lots of stuff to do. We have to move houses here. Not because of carnaval but because the Owner now wants the house we are in. So we went and looked at afew houses or apartments That are likely candidates. So ... We did that. Got back and started finalizing. We have to walk to the other side of the City to get there .....But ONE THING WE FORGOT ABOUT!!!!! The baptismal CLothing. EVERYTHING was ready except for that..... Well we pass by the church and luckily President Jimenez was there But. All the clothing we have at the church is LARGE.....THAt wont work. She is SMALL. Well... Thats ok. Off to the Other building to hopefully find some. As you see we didnt find any. We just adapted a large baptismal clothing to fit her. By rolling up the sleeves on the arms and Legs.
You know many times you have promptings from the spirit, Like Check the baptismal front, it might be empty or not all the way full.....BUt then you DONT do it......Yeah thats what happened here. When we got there I meant to check it but my mind was on the baptismal CLothing I didnt Check the Font. Luckily She is small...... But what had happened is with the p`lastic bag , Yeah remember we didnt have a cap, The water had drained to about 1/2 of what it should be. So......With that challenge and baggy clothing....The first baptism didnt work because all the clothes bubbled up. The second time I screwed up with the words. But Like they say. The third times the Charm! And Boom!!! One of our newest members Lina Diaz! The confirmation went well as well as the Meeting no Carnaval music to interrupt it. Like last week. I had to give a talk and with only 10 minutes to prepare I think I did all right. But not Awesome. But it didnt help that everyone started doing sound checks two hours early...... But what can ya do?
Speaking of Carnaval. My companion and I were shown on TV during Carnaval Festival. Not this past sunday but the one before it (The 13th) Wehad to return to the house because my companion forgot some things. And we walked through the middle of Carnaval to get to the house (No jake I didnt see anyone Naked, This supposedly is a "fammily" festival Yeah Right!) There was an announcer and was saying that EVERYONE HAS come to celebrate. The Ancient People!!!! tHE yOUNG PEOPLE, THE KIDS HAVE SHOWN UP(while saying these the camera focused on a person or group) eVEN THE MISSIONARIES ARE HERE!!!!!!
we are working our Butts off. GOing to areas REALLY far away to look for people. Like we walked about an hour away from one persons house looking for it. But we did take the opportunity for some good photos. With all the photos of The last nine posts. The one with the Waterfall is my Zone up in Jarabacoa Its up in the mountains. But as you can see we went and visited probably the most beautiful place I have EVER seen here in the DR. Its a place called Salta Jimenor. It was a lot of fun. We did quite a few crzy things. The other group of photos is Me and my companion Preparing a Family Home Evening. It went by really well. But our "invitation" Was one that even my loving oldest sister Loree and my other sisters(Melissa included of course) would be proud of. Because all of you are now all Fancy shmansy decoraters of your houses. The Family home evening was lots of fun. We talked about the Family. If any of you have questions or comments. Just Write them to me, It is allowed that you comment on the pictures. I dont mind. I love each and every sinbgle one of you. I miss you all. Ann and Mason Love ya tons I missed you at Christmas. Keep it up. Jake and Melissa My prayers are with you especially during this Busy time for ya. Loree and Fam I read your blog Well.....Kinda. I looked at the photos. I couldnt resist. You guiys are doing awesome and I am always praying for your well being. Celest......You need to send me photos of Rook. I saw a few on Lorees blog. BUt I want to show him off to my companions. Especially Van. I pray often for Matts Well being Especially that his leg is healing fast.
Mom and Dad, Pray for you daily as well. I hope everything is going Awesome. I have 2 weeks without hearing anything. But as they say No news is good news so. I can only imagine things must be going Awesome. Busy up to the gills I love ya guys so much. Have fun!!!! BYE!!!!!
--
"Sometimes God calms the storm. At other times, He calms the sailor. And sometimes He makes us swim."-Kolipoki
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment