14 April 2010

14 April 2010 - Part 9


So Once again...I am outta time!!!! But I did Put in quite a few pics!!!! Enjoy!!!! But One awesome thing that is happening right now is we have a GOLDEN Investigator even better he is a Golden Contact, It´s awesome!!!! We have a baptism date set for the 8th of May. He has come to church has done everything we have asked him to and more. He is awesome!!!! The days that we teach him are the best. the rest of the day could be horrible but because of our lesson with him it rocked!!!! He is the reason why I am here as a missionary for people like him. I have discovered probabply my favorite food here. It´s called Yaroa. It´s Shredded chicken and beef on the bottom. a layer nof cheese on that and then frys covered in ketchup and mayonaisse and covered by another layer of Cheese. AH!!!! SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It´sdeliciouss. I was going to take pics of it but the other Elders who had the keys took to long so we ate it before we got inside it was sooo good!!!! Also this past week...We cleaned a river.  Thats the last picture. We did this part of the ´´river´´ twice. These people have no repect for there own land. It´s really sad. This place would be so much better if they didnt just throw there trash anywhere. Anyway. A pick axe is needed. Because the trash has piled up for so long, as you grab trash it unearths more. It´s sad to see.  We also had an Awesome baptism. The pics you see of that. Yeah the Guy is 19 and turning in his papers soon he is Lilianna´s uncle. She has a fear of going backwards. They had to do the baptism 8 times before she had finally been completly immeresed. It´s a good thing that the Confirmation only takes one time.

I got this awesome package from my parents on Sunday. It was awesome!! The peeps were gone in seconds. Ok a few hours I ate the first half right asfter church and the otherhalf after we finished. I did give one to my companion. He needed one. Anyway. Thats all I have time for!!!! Love you all!!!
Miss you all!!!!! Glad to hear everything is kinda moving forward. Hopefully everything works out. You are ion my p`rayers and thank you for yours.

Also if you want to send me a package...I will get you the information next week. BYE!!!!

-ELDER GORDON

--
2nd Nephi 31:20


2 comments:

  1. it's so good to see pics of mike! so he REALLY is on a mission! :) i just wish there were more pics! but I am kinda a PICTURE FREAK! It is fun reading about Mike's mission adventures. thanks Melissa for helping with this! it's AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a problem, Loree. The postings are all Mikey, though. And the comments all go to his email. I just do the general upkeep on the site itself and make sure that when Mike emails a post, it works right. And I agree, it's fun to see pictures of him as a missionary! Mike, you look so...deep down happy...in your pics. Very content. The mission life looks to be doing you good, which means you're doing it right. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete