Since it is still in December I will be doing this in Christmas Colors. WOOHOO!!!!!. So For Updates. Let me tell ya. Right now I am in a place called Framboyanes, La Vega. I arrived the eighth, a wednesday, of December. The monday before I received a call from President Lee asking me if I felt ready to be Senior Comp my mouth said yes well it just blurted the first thing that came to my head. But afterwards I actually started to think. Ummmm.... Senior Comp?????!!!!! Are you sure?!!!! But By the time my brain kicked out of automatic response mode it was to late to talk to President Because he had already gotten off the other line. Well. Since my mouth already said Yes I guess I am now in this thing! So I am now The Senior Comp. I rather enjoy it. But the suprises dont stop there.
The Next Day was tuesday it is the day that we learn whos going where and Whats going on with them. So We receieve the call, I am getting shipped out to LA VEGA!!!!!! To a ward called Framboyanes. I also learned that my comp is called Elder Valdez. I know that he is a Greenie and that I would be his Second Comp. So in terms of the Mission his "stepfather" Thats cool. I hope I can keep up the awesomenes.. So I use that tuesday and I finish packing and I got those last photos that you all see on my blog. Are we good. OK. So throughout the day I am calling a few of my buddies see wharts going on with them. And One of them tells me that he thinks I am district Leader. Umm WHAT?! No one told me anything about that. So I get to La Vega, After a VERY LONG Transfer Day. And guess what. It´s TRUE!!!! I am District leader. Wow. What a big jump. From Junior COmp to Senior COmp, District Leader and "stepfather" Wow. What a big Jump.
So. I am thinking about that. If President Lee put me there it´s from Heavenly Father and so. I am qualified to do it with his Help. Fun Shtuff. So right now I am still alive and I am just LOVING the Mission. the week before I got here they had just finished baptizing there last progressing Investigators. So I arrived once again to an area with NOTHING!!!!! I love these areas. That means once again I get to be a sower and a reaper. Thats my goal. We are going to find Those ready people and baptize them all!!!! Right now we are going amongst the rich people searching for the next Bishop/stake President/70. Amongst them. We know they are there. The only hard part is that its there that we get the most amount of doors slammed in our face......Well actually the majority all we see is a camera Lens. I have two cool stories though. Even amongst these people you find those ready and waiting.
So the first story is it was a morning. Morning contacts are the worst in this country, Just because its when everyone cleans and prepares the big meal of NOON to eat. So no one ever wants to give you time so its really tough sometimes. But it was just one of those mornings. The same one I was just talking about. NO ONE wanted to listen to us. We were in the poorish area. Just searching. We look into houses to see if we can see MEN. Which usually signifies a Family. Thats what we want FAMILIES. So we are going and we are getting close to the point of heading home. When we pass this one house I see a guy. I walk like two steps then stop. Turn around and go back to that house. It was like something kinda clicked in my head. It was cool. We talked to this guy introduced ourselves and he said his name was Narcisso. He is a lawyer. But he used to work for 37 years with an Ex-President of the Country. It was a good lesson. At the End of the Lesson we decided to give him a Book Of Mormon. He told us that He had just received the Best Gift he would recieve. WOW. Right now. During this Season it has been hard to find him. But We will baptize him and his Family. Its awesome. We did set a Date of Baptism with him as well. But at least just for right now has fallen through we are waiting for the next time to teach him. He has been harder to find then 5 peso coin in a pile of bottle caps.
The other really cool Encounter was when we were amongst the richer people. Wow. This was in the evening. But wow. It is harder to get into one of their houses then it is to get out of Fort knox with Gold. Or get into Fort Knox for that matter. But we were doing contacts knowing that it would be tough. After about 20 housesof continuous knocking like house after house. We get rejected time after time. And with the last one it was a guy but he was cooking and didnt want to talk to us so we just started to walk. At the end of the street my comp and I justBoth turned to the Same house. So we go up to the doorbell. Knock on it. or ring it. and someone starts talking to us. And We introduse ourselves as representatives of the Church Of Jesus Christ and he tells us hold on and opens the door. He then comes running out. WOW. I was already excited for this lesson. It turned out to be an awesome Lesson. He had just started searching for a church because the Catholic Church just wasnt doing kit for him. And he told us what a coincidence that he had just started searching for a church and here we were on his doorstep. Amazing huh? Thats what I call being guided by the Lord.
So, to bring you all up to date, We are two days before The NEW YEARS. For CHristmas I was lucky and we (The missionaries) received a very special gift from Our mission president. The Chance to do a Video Call with our family back at home. That was an awsome gift. We also as a mission a little before got together and took a mission wie Photo. We all got together. It was wonderful. We had a giant Christmas Eve Feast. And Right now we are working our behinds off to find and convert the people of La Vega. I love you all. Keep on rockin,. Hope You all had a great Christmas and I hope you will all have a rockin noise bangin New years. See upi all next year!!! Love ya!!!
Elder Gordon
--
"Sometimes God calms the storm. At other times, He calms the sailor. And sometimes He makes us swim."-Kolipoki
No comments:
Post a Comment